Administrative LawAdministrative Law Lawyers / Government regulation attorneys in Springfield, Illinois
What is administrative law? Simply put, administrative law is a body of law that applies to the actions of government agencies.
From environmental regulations to transportation issues, government agencies define and execute laws passed by legislatures.
It’s important to understand:
- Which agency to work with
- How to file its forms
- How to expedite petitions and hearings.
At FeldmanWasser, our lawyers have years of experience working with Illinois state administrative agencies and legal issues.
Common Licensing and Malpractice Issues
- Issues with a Firearm Owner’s Identification card (FOID) before the Illinois State Police
- Driver’s license reinstatement hearings and other types of hearings before the Illinois Secretary of State
- Professional licenses before the Illinois Division of Professional Regulations (IDFPR) including licenses for accountants, appraisers, architects, audiologists, dentists, engineers, funeral directors, land surveyors, nurses, nursing home administrators, pharmacists, physicians, psychologists, real estate brokers, social workers, veterinarians and all others licensed under their authority
- Lawyer discipline issues before the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC)
- Hunting and outfitter licenses before the Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- Liquor license hearings before the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) and the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC)
- Nursing Home licensure, complaint, investigation and discipline issues before the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Frequent Real Estate and Environmental Issues
- Environmental issues before the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency or the federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Issues before the Illinois Pollution Control Board (IPCB)
- Municipal zoning issues
Typical Workplace and Employment Issues
- Employment issues with local and Illinois state governments
- Discrimination issues before the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) and Illinois Human Rights Commission
- Unemployment hearings before the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- Workplace issues with the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Audits and enforcement actions before the Illinois Department of Labor (IDOL)
- Police and Firefighter disability and pension issues and hearings
- Retirement and disability issues with State of Illinois retirement systems
Pardons, Child Abuse, and Voter Fraud
- Pardons and related actions before the Illinois Prisoner Review Board (PRB)
- Abuse and neglect hearings before the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
- Campaign and voting matters before the Illinois State Board of Elections
Knowing What to Do
Given the complexity of state and federal law pertaining to land use, public works, natural resources and the management of public goods, it’s imperative you know how to prepare and conduct a hearing before an administrative agency.
Our administrative law attorneys know how to prepare documents and present your case in a cogent and persuasive manner. If you have questions regarding administrative, state, or local municipal law matters, contact FeldmanWasser for a case evaluation today.
Experienced administrative law attorneys can help you cut through red tape.