Ashley D. DavisPartner
Areas of Practice
Child Custody and Support
Divorce and Domestic Relations
Litigation and Appeals
Wills, Estates & Probate
Ashley Davis prosecuted three civil rights cases on behalf of U.S. prison inmates early in her legal career. The work rapidly developed her skills in the intense preparation and high-level rhetoric needed to serve clients in emotion-filled family law proceedings and many other civil courtroom cases.
Her early maturing in litigation also led her to argue before the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a bank pressing a mortgage contract lawsuit.
Ashley’s court experiences have made her savvy to the many interpersonal relationships in the legal process. She crafts presentations that appeal to the tastes of particular judges and relate with sensitivity to jury panels. But her most important relationships are with her clients. Nearly every day, she speaks with and listens to clients, helping them through emergencies and assisting them in whatever way she can.
Honors and Awards
- Emerging Lawyers, Law Bulletin Media, 2015-present, Civil Rights/Constitutional Law, Family Law
- Illinois, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2011
- 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 2013
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010; Elder Law Journal, 2008-2010
- University of Illinois, B.A., cum laude, English, 2007; Dean’s List
Cases and Results
- Ashley prosecuted three federal jury trials against U.S. prison personnel early in her professional career, arguing on behalf of federal prisoners whose civil rights had been violated. She was the lone plaintiff’s attorney in one trial, she co-chaired another trial, and she second-chaired a third trial.
- She has argued on behalf of a corporation engaged in a mortgage contract lawsuit before the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Ashley has helped many families in family law disputes ranging from divorce and child custody to elder care and domestic abuse.
- She has worked on a wide variety of other civil litigation cases for a diverse group of clients.
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Sangamon County Bar Association
- Central Illinois Women’s Bar Association