John S. M. MorseAssociate
Areas of Practice
John Morse is a knowledgeable trial attorney with a range of experience in criminal and civil litigation. John has practiced successfully in both state and federal courts.
Before joining Feldman Wasser, John worked as an assistant state’s attorney for Sangamon County. While he has handled the full range of criminal cases, John has focused on those involving financial fraud, exploitation and embezzlement. He worked with numerous individuals, businesses and government agencies that were the victims of fraud, and he gained an understanding of the challenges and realities of business and family relationships in an increasingly digital world.
John is a native of Springfield who returned to the area after graduating magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law. While in law school, he received honors in legal writing analysis and was an editor of the Elder Law Journal and participated in the Frederick Green Moot Court. John previously studied philosophy at Carleton College and the University of Chicago.
Randy assists commercial lenders with their legal needs, including foreclosures, collections, and a variety of other related and unrelated creditors’ rights and banking issues.
John is an active member of both the legal and wider Springfield community, having been named to the board of directors of United Cerebral Palsy of Land of Lincoln.
- Illinois, 2013
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013, Elder Law Journal editor, Frederick Green Moot Court
- The University of Chicago, M.A., humanities, 2008
- Carleton College, B.A. philosophy, 2007
- Feldman Wasser, associate, 2017-present
- Sangamon County State’s Attorney’s Office, 2013-2017
- United Cerebral Palsy Land of Lincoln, board of directors